Aston’s musical vision is as simple as it is breathtakingly beautiful: to present a set of Australian classics like no one has ever heard them before. Contemporary Australian classics presented as classical music. “Khe Sanh”, “To The Moon & Back”, “Beds Are Burning”, “Straight Lines”, “Never Tear Us Apart”, “Confide In Me” and more. Quite simply some of the biggest and most loved songs in the history of Australian pop and rock music, radically rearranged and delivered afresh by a virtuoso outfit of young classical musicians.
The six members of Aston, aged between 21 and 23, have come straight out of the Sydney Conservatorium of Music, the most distinguished music school in Australia. Some members are not due to graduate until the end of the year, but they are all already professional young musicians of the highest calibre. What began as a side-project amongst a bunch of students created an instant buzz that’s led to ASTON being signed by Warner Music Australia, recording a debut album and now preparing to take their unique modern classical sound out to audiences across Australia and the rest of the world
• Over 1 million YouTube views for their versions of contemporary pop songs – Lady Gaga, Kylie Minogue, Rihanna, La Roux and more.
• Aston’s version of “Telephone” is now at more than 865,000 YouTube views
• All six members are in their early 20’s and ex-Conservatorium of Music
• Their passion and driving force is to take classical music to a broader audience
• New single set down for September – Album will be released in October
• Website www.astonmusic.com currently asking for fans to vote on the next song they should cover:
• 1 INXS / Never Tear Us Apart
• 2 Travie Mccoy ft. Bruno Mars / Billionaire
• 3 Nirvana / Smells Like Teen Spirit
• 4 Christina Aguilera / You Lost Me
• 5 Britney Spears / Toxic
• 6 Lady GaGa / Dance in the Dark
For further information please contact Nicole Hart, revolutions per minute pr, e: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0418 324 312